Photo of the Day
This shot is a great example of what you can get using a cheap DIY light tent and desk lamps.
The breakdown: I took this shot of my wife's hand holding a green apple in a small light tent I made out of a cardboard box and tracing paper. I placed this next to a window in my house and then used desk lamps to fill in the light on the shadow side. If you take a look at my one of my portfolios www.dreamstime.com/travismanley_info about 90% of my isolated photos of small objects were shot the same way.
I have better equipment now and dont use the old DIY light box, but for something that didnt cost me a dime to make it was probably one of my most valued pieces of equipment (aside from my camera) for a long time.
After I took the shot, I opened the image in Photoshop, boosted the hue/saturation a bit, added a black & white layer mask and painted out the apple and fingernails so they wouldnt be affected by the b&w layer.
I took this shot with the Olympus E-500 at 32mm, f14, 1/80 sec, ISO 100.
All my photos are shot in raw and edited in Photoshop.
Please feel free to leave comments or questions.
Thanks!
This shot is a great example of what you can get using a cheap DIY light tent and desk lamps.The breakdown: I took this shot of my wife's hand holding a green apple in a small light tent I made out of a cardboard box and tracing paper. I placed this next to a window in my house and then used desk lamps to fill in the light on the shadow side. If you take a look at my one of my portfolios www.dreamstime.com/travismanley_info about 90% of my isolated photos of small objects were shot the same way.
I have better equipment now and dont use the old DIY light box, but for something that didnt cost me a dime to make it was probably one of my most valued pieces of equipment (aside from my camera) for a long time.
After I took the shot, I opened the image in Photoshop, boosted the hue/saturation a bit, added a black & white layer mask and painted out the apple and fingernails so they wouldnt be affected by the b&w layer.
I took this shot with the Olympus E-500 at 32mm, f14, 1/80 sec, ISO 100.
All my photos are shot in raw and edited in Photoshop.
Please feel free to leave comments or questions.
Thanks!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.