
I haven't posted anything new in awhile so I thought I would share some of my new photos. The model is my sister in-law. We started out in the studio, then moved outside when the weather cleared up a little.

It was the first time I had the chance to play with using gels to change the background color. It worked great. I used one off-camera flash (w/gel) for the backdrop and one for my main light and a reflector for fill for the indoor shots. For the outdoor shots I used one off-camera flash and a reflector.
Great lighting & cool backdrops in the studio dude. You're getting incredible at portraiture :)
ReplyDeleteGreat photos, the lighting is superb, post more about the "setting" on the photos (off camera flash and reflector, etc..)! :)
ReplyDeletecheers and thanks for sharing,
Luis
Hey guys, thanks for the comments and complements.
ReplyDeleteLuis, my lighting setup is pretty simple. For the indoor shots: For my main light I used an off-camera flash (a Canon 430EX) on a light stand with an umbrella and adapter that lets me fire it with a sync cable hooked directly into my Canon 5D. For a fill light I used a big disc reflector on the opposite side. For the backdrop I used another flash (Sunpak 383)on a light stand (fired with a slave adapter) with a custom gel holder I made.
For the outdoor shots I used the same setup but without the second light.
As for my camera settings I really just eyeball it. I start with my shutterspeed at the max flash sync speed for my camera(1/200) then set the aperture where I want it (usually around F8). Then I adjust the power output on the flashes to where it looks right.
You can read more about my light setups here http://twcdm.blogspot.com/2009/04/potd-11.html. I think I'm going to do a post about cheap off-camera lighting. There are quite a few out there, but I have a system that works pretty good for me and it doesn't break the bank either.
Thanks for sharing!! :) I don't have any of those things but I am thinking of it...!
ReplyDeletecheers and nice work!