Here is POTD (Photo of the day) #1

This is a shot of my wife Carra and son River at a park near our house on a little photo shoot for his seven month birthday.
The breakdown: The weather was a little overcast as are many days out here in the lovely Pacific Northwest, but im starting to find this works really well for outdoor shoots. When its a little cloudy the sun works as a giant softbox and provides great diffused light. I brought along my new Speedlite the 430EX and used it handheld off camera via a 3ft ETTL sync cable for a little extra light and so I could shoot at a faster shutterspeed without raising my ISO past 100.
I took this shot with the Canon 5d with the 24-105mm lens at 105mm, f8 and 160/sec.
Please feel free to leave comments or questions.
Thanks!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.